Monday, March 7, 2011

Lent and Fat Tuesday (oh s**t)

I read Emma's post (thanks for following, by the way :3) about Lent and giving things up for Jesus, who sacrificed himself on the cross. Lent is supposed to show God how much we love him by sacrificing something or "fasting".
I'm Catholic and I've been celebrating the Lenten holiday since I knew how to... probably since 2nd grade.
This year, I am giving up quite a few things. Maybe 3... those are the more personal ones which I don't really want to share on the internet. But I guess the 4th one would be no junk food.
I think our teachers taught us to give up one thing and replace it with another. So, more exercise, less junk food. Oh and I kinda need to pray more....
What are you doing for Lent? And if you don't celebrate/ don't believe (I respect that) in this holiday, what do you want to do to make yourself a better person?

Okay so... M looked at me and in a sort of happy smile-y way... which made me happy. One of my friends was being kinda bitchy... I didn't do anything so I don't see why she had to act that way. But I don't really care.

I didn't pig out but... DAMN YOU, GIRL SCOUTS!!  Mom brought home a box of  Peanut Butter whatevers and I had 3... damnit.



ps. Mardi Gras (aka Fat Tuesday) is tomorrow. Great... sarcasm. They'll probably give us that sugary King cake... yummy... I was kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment